The Parity Leadership Group brings together all of the major behavioral health advocacy organizations to create a collective action plan on full implementation of the Federal Parity Law. Led by former Surgeon General Dr. David Satcher, author of the Surgeon General’s Report on Mental Health, and the Honorable Patrick J. Kennedy, this group develops, promotes and implements the key principles that will have the greatest impact on how the law is understood today and acted upon in the future. While each organization may have individual priorities, together these organizations agree to work in unison on this core mission.
The Group follows the following principles:
- Come together as a true group of peers;
- Unify our approach to parity;
- Advance a co-created, collective agenda for progress;
- Adhere to critical benchmarks;
- Coordinate our message and activities.